All photography provided by Jared Chambers
Since 2007, Pat Colbert-Cormier Education Foundation (PC2 Education Foundation), has promoted the educational advancement of educators incorporating mentorship, leadership, and professional development. Additionally, this non-profit organization has engaged and supported educational missions to Africa maximizing the contributions of time and talent within the community.
This non-profit corporation is organized...
Exclusively for the benefit of providing educational assistance in the form of outreach and missionary work. The organization will engage in comprehensive educational initiatives to include any and all things which contribute to effective education development.
What We've Achieved
- Provided clothes and supplies to families in Africa and in Louisiana
- Built 7 water wells and an additional 2 water to be located within the village.
- Provided funding for irrigation to crops and made provisions for clean water within the viliage
- Purchased computers and supplied books to the village school library
- Paid for Electricity for the village
- Provided classroom and playground equipment
- Built an additional bathroom facility for school children
- Sponsored student extra-curricular activities (sports, school organizations, graduation, etc.)
- Hosted "Empower, Engage, Energize Teacher Leadership Summit" Powered By Teach to Lead.
- Partnered with the Louisiana NBCT Network to recognize and pin NBCTs at the LA Board of Elementary and Secondary recognition day
- Established "National Board Certified Teacher Day" in Louisiana to be proclaimed by Governor John Bel Edwards.
- Hosted Summer Leadership Academies for students
- Provided training and support to teachers
- Promoted NBCT ambassadors and retired teachers to mentor teachers on their school campus
- Provided professional development to support teachers through certification.
- Provided scholarships to students towards educational advancement
- Provided meals to the homeless and economically disadvantaged
- Provided extended educational opportunities for students such as visiting colleges and incarcerated offenders
- Sponsored a student radio program, hosted by students for students, “Different Strokes.”
- Sponsored Louisiana NBCT Network Teacher Leadership training.