Engaging, Empowering, Energizing
Louisiana Teacher Leadership Summit
September 15 - 16, 2017 (team idea proposals due Monday, June 19, 2017)
Lafayette, LA 70501
Do you have a great idea for better meeting the needs of students, an idea to improve education in your school, district, or community? If so, please join us for this Teacher Leadership Summit where you can build a plan for your idea.
We are pleased to announce that the PC2 Education Foundation in partnership with Teach to Lead will host a Teacher Leadership Summit in Lafayette, LA on September 15 - 16, 2017. This Teacher Leadership Summit: Engaging, Empowering, Energizing is open to proposal until the deadline Monday, June 19, 2017. Please provide a summer email address and phone number when applying.
Teach to Lead works to support teachers as valued experts in instruction and their students’ needs. This summit provides teachers and their supporters with time to collaborate, build skills and get consultation to incubate innovative ideas that can make a positive impact for students in their schools, communities, districts and states.
How do participants benefit from the Summit?
· Develop a local idea into a complete plan for moving forward
· Obtain the support of a dedicated “critical friend” from a supporting organization to advance your work
· Build relationships with ASCD, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, United States Department of Education and many other supporting organizations
· Be provided with:
o Free registration
o Refreshments will be provided during the Summit
Who may submit an idea application?
· Any educator with an actionable idea is encouraged to submit an application here.
· Teams must have 3-5 members and must include at least one active teacher. Other key stakeholders (e.g. NBCT, district superintendent or designee, retired teachers, graduate student, parent, student, community members, school and government officials) are encouraged.
All submitted ideas must:
· Allow teachers to lead from the classroom.
· Identify an area of need or target a specific problem.
· Develop and implement approaches that address the need or solve the problem.
· Utilize teachers’ professional experiences and expertise.
· Promote collaborative work among multiple stakeholders.
· Seek to create systemic supports for teacher leadership.
· Be viable in the local context and sustainable over time.
· Be able to show measurable progress over time.
Submitted ideas may:
· Focus on any level of change – the school, district, or state.
· Be functioning at any stage of development - an emerging idea requiring input and buy-in from stakeholders; something currently being developed in collaboration with recruited stakeholders; or something that has been implemented which is ripe for improvement or expansion.
Submitted ideas highlighting innovative ideas to meet the needs of diverse populations of students are particularly invited. For example, ideas could - though are not required to – address areas like:
· Instructional practice in fields such as career and technical education instruction, STEM or STEAM, world language development, or programs to address social-emotional needs;
· Instructional delivery and creative partnering such as school/business collaboration on career readiness, school/college dual enrollment or virtual schooling.
· Management and leadership structures such as new professional learning models, non-traditional scheduling, cross-curricular instruction, or distributed leadership efforts.
· Innovation leaves the door open for whatever you are envisioning to better school for your students.
Click here (or cut and paste into your browser https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M5GZZ3D ) to submit your innovative teacher leadership idea by 11:59pm ET on Monday, June 19, 2017!
The Powered by Teach to Lead team will notify you regarding attendance no later than Friday, June 30, 2017.
Please contact the Louisiana Powered By Teach to Lead educator engagement team with additional questions:
Dolores Cormier-Zenon, NBCT Patricia Colbert-Cormier
PC2 Education -President PC2 Education - Founder/CEO
Louisiana Teach to Lead - Team Lead Louisiana Teach to Lead Team
Jill Saia, NBCT Mary Washington
NBPTS- Teacher Consultant PC2 Education Board Member
Louisiana Teach to Lead Team Louisiana Teach to Lead Team